WASHINGTON — Town Moderator Bob Sherman deftly handled Tuesday’s town meeting in Washington, though he did make one mistake that didn’t have anything to do with Robert’s Rules of Order or parliamentary procedure.
It had to do with a simple introduction.
Sherman’s slip of the tongue (actually, he made the same mistake three times by our count) came when he was preparing to turn the microphone over to state lawmakers in attendance.
There were only two — Sen. Mark MacDonald and Rep. “Phil Rivers.”
What Sherman meant to say but didn’t on three separate occasions was “Phil Winters,” though the Williamstown Republican didn’t bother to correct the Washington moderator for failing to get his name right.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump