MONTPELIER — Maple syrup producers will get a chance to weigh in on whether Vermont should do away with the term fancy for its maple syrup.
The proposed changes to the maple grading system would unify the classification system across the United States and Canada.
Vermont’s syrup would go from Grade A Fancy to “Golden Delicate.” Grade A Medium Amber would be called “Amber Rich.”
Supporters say the new standards would give consumers a better description of what they’re buying.
Meetings are planned on Wednesday at the South Woodstock Fire Station and Thursday at the Lamoille Union Tech Center in Hyde Park. Both meetings start at 7 p.m.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump