SOUTH BURLINGTON — The possible arrival of F-35 fighter jets at the Burlington International Airport will be the topic of discussion at St. Michael’s College.
The college is hosting a “conversation” on the topic Wednesday at 7 p.m..
Some neighbors are opposed to the fighter jets being based at the Vermont Air National Guard facilities.
The Burlington Free Press reports that Tom Torti, president of the Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce, and Frank Cioffi, president of the Greater Burlington Industrial Corp. and of Cynosure, the economic development corporation for Chittenden County, will speak in support of the proposal.
Rosanne Greco, a retired Air Force colonel and current chairwoman of the South Burlington City Council, and Jim Dumont, a Bristol attorney representing property owners, will speak against the basing.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump