WATERBURY — Two Keith Wallace community service awards were presented during the town’s annual meeting Tuesday.
One was given to ReBuild Waterbury for the organization’s work to help the community recover after Tropical Storm Irene. The other was awarded to Municipal Manager Bill Shepeluk for his 25 years of service to the town and village.
Shepeluk said he was surprised, noting that he gets paid for his public service, and that he was grateful.
Both ReBuild Waterbury and Shepeluk received standing ovations.
The Keith Wallace award is presented annually in recognition of outstanding service to Waterbury and is named for the former town resident, farmer, and state representative who passed away in 1996.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump