DUMMERSTON — Interstate 91 runs through Dummerston, and one of the exits is within its boundaries. But town officials still can’t get a mention of the town on a highway sign.
State highway officials denied the request.
Traffic Operations Engineer Amy Gamble said it’s not unusual to omit town names from highway signs. She says judgment calls are made as to the primary destinations a traveler might access from an exit or what will help them orient themselves as to their location.
She told Select Board members that while U.S. 5 does indeed pass through town, there is no ‘dot on the map’ for Dummerston itself and neighboring villages. She added that from the driver’s perspective, “there is no there, there.”
Town officials say they’re both amused and frustrated.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump