COLCHESTER — Police say a Vermont college student has been arrested on a drug charge in an investigation that started after another student jumped off a bridge last week.
Colin Basler of Old Lyme, Conn., was arrested Thursday on a charge of LSD possession and distribution.
The Burlington Free Press reports (http://bfpne.ws/YFj1Fe) Basler, a 19-year-old sophomore at St. Michael’s College in Colchester, has withdrawn from school and left campus.
The arrest resulted from an investigation that began after another St. Michael’s student, 19-year-old Ethan Levine of Marblehead, Mass., jumped off the Lime Kiln bridge and fell 40 feet onto railroad tracks last Friday. He’s hospitalized in fair condition.
Police said he jumped after destroying merchandise at a convenience store and was being chased by college security. Levine hasn’t been arrested.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump