BURLINGTON — U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, a member of the Senate Budget Committee, plans to discuss how the automatic cuts to the federal government are impacting Vermonters.
Sanders will hold a press conference on Monday morning at his Burlington office.
The independent senator says he will talk about the direction he is fighting for as a member of the committee.
Sanders said last week that he was working with the committee on a 10-year budget which would create jobs, lower the deficit and protect working families and the most vulnerable people.
He said the committee bill should move to the Senate floor later this month, and that he’ll keep pushing for tax increases on the wealthy and corporations to help close the nation’s budget deficit.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump