WINOOSKI — Police in Winooski, Vt., say a domestic abuse complaint triggered the evacuation of some tenants in an apartment complex after officers suspected there was a drug lab in a bedroom.
The Burlington Free Press reports (http://bfpne.ws/103lChy) Sunday’s lab scare brought about 50 safety personnel, including firefighters and teams trained to handle clandestine labs and hazardous materials.
When police arrived, they said 20-year-old Pan Costa-Mangina of Winooski told them were no problems. But then his mother approached officers and told them he allegedly threatened some people.
Police said they found a gallon-sized ice tea plastic jug on a milk crate, being cooked in the bedroom. It wasn’t immediately known what it was.
Costa-Mangina was jailed on aggravated domestic assault and unlawful restraint charges.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump