EAST BURKE — Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom now has a designated scenic byway.
State officials have approved the 51-mile Northeast Kingdom Byway Main Corridor.
The Caledonian-Record reports (http://bit.ly/14qbtKw) it starts in St. Johnsbury and extends north through Lyndonville, East Burke, Westmore, West Charleston, Derby, and ends in Newport.
David Snedeker, the planning manager for the Northeastern Vermont Development Association, says the new byway designation is an excellent way to promote the area and build on tourism.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump