A New Hampshire woman is facing multiple charges after police say she drove her car off Interstate 91 in Springfield Sunday night while intoxicated, with two young children in the car.
Katie E. Schulenberger, 26, of Langdon, N.H., was charged with DUI-accident resulting, child endangerment, careless and negligent operation with serious injury, and criminal driving on a suspended license, after, police say, the car she was driving went off the Interstate into the median at about 9:45 p.m., went partially airborne and hit a tree roof first.
Schulenberger was partially ejected through the sun roof. A four year old boy was partially ejected out the rear window; a five year old girl was pinned under the roof in the back seat, police said.
Neither of the children were wearing seatbelts, and rescue crews from the Springfield and Ascutney Fire Departments, along with Golden Cross Ambulance spent roughly 45 minutes extracting the three people in the car, all of whom are expected to live.
All three were taken to Darmouth Hitchock Medical Center, Schulenberger by helicopter; one child sustained a compound fracture to the foot, police said.
State troopers went to Dartmouth Hitchock to continue investigating the crash and there found Schulenberger to be intoxicated, and cited her to appear in Windsor County criminal court.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael‚Äôs student arrested in connection with bridge jump