PITTSFIELD — A Vermont filmmaker has put together a documentary of how Tropical Storm Irene has affected her town.
Marion Abrams has filmed recovery efforts from last year’s storm and flooding in Pittsfield.
Vermont Public Television is broadcasting the hour-long film, “Flood Bound.”
Abrams said something amazing happened after Irene hammered her town. Residents helped each other out by schooling children, cutting hair, cooking, teaching yoga, and other services.
She told Vermont Public radio she wanted people to understand and see how people faced their fears and came together.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump