NEWFANE — A Vermont sheriff is lobbying the public in the town of Newfane to support construction of a new cell tower.
Windham County Sheriff Keith Clark says the 150-foot cell tower would also host his department’s emergency radio equipment.
The Brattleboro Reformer (http://bit.ly/117SiGg ) reports the department feels it needs a new tower at its Newfane Village headquarters. Clark says the proposal for the Newfane tower makes the most sense and would save taxpayers money.
The Springfield-based telecommunications company VTel wants to build the tower near the sheriff’s office on Jail Street as part of a state-supported and federally funded effort to expand wireless communication across the state.
A separate effort to erect a 130-foot cell tower in South Newfane upset some residents.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump