BURLINGTON — The University of Vermont has reclaimed documents taken by a presidential memorabilia collector who’s been sentenced for stealing thousands of rare and valuable documents from historical societies and archives nationwide.
Barry Landau acknowledged stealing documents from at least six institutions, including the University of Vermont. He was sentenced to seven years in prison in June.
WCAX-TV reports UVM staff recently made the trip to the National Archives to reclaim items. They’re still not certain when they went missing from the collection of roughly a million items that mark Vermont history. They’re glad they’re back for the upcoming 50th anniversary of the university’s special collections.
UVM said it no longer allows bags and backpacks in its special collections and is working on new security cameras.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump