SOUTH BURLINGTON — Republican U.S. Senate candidate John MacGovern is going to be outlining his position on the debate about whether the U.S. Air Force should equip the Vermont Air National Guard with F-35 fighter planes, which would be based at the South Burlington airport.
MacGovern is planning to discuss the issue with reporters Thursday in South Burlington.
The Air Force is in the process of deciding where it will base the next generation fighter plane. The base at the South Burlington airport is one of the finalists.
Some local residents are opposed to basing the planes in Vermont.
MacGovern’s opponent in the November election, independent U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, favors bringing the planes to Vermont.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump