DUMMERSTON, Vt. (AP) — Development of a trail near Dummerston, Vt., has come to a halt as its ownership is being questioned.
The goal is have the trail follow a 36-mile former West River Railroad route from Brattleboro to Londonderry. It’s attracted hikers since the railway’s demise in the late 1930s.
Representatives of the nonprofit Friends of the West River Trail say they want to work with property owners and possibly re-route future trail sections.
The Brattleboro Reformer reports (http://bit.ly/17XJNkJ) some residents just north of the trail’s end in Dummerston have signed a petition opposing further development due to privacy concerns.
The trail is well-developed between Londonderry and Townshend. The trail group has begun publicizing the southern section between Brattleboro to an access point in Dummerston, which has brought up land ownership questions.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump