Teachers in Castleton, Fair Haven, Benson and Orwell have opened a “strike headquarters” in Fair Haven in preparation for a strike Wednesday.
“The boards can prevent a strike by reopening talks and reaching a contract settlement that is fair to us, fair to the communities and good for our schools,” said Susan Corey, a teacher at Benson Village School and the spokeswoman for the Addison-Rutland Supervisory Union Education Association. “Imposing a pay cut and walking away from the table are what precipitated our decision to strike if a deal isn’t in place by Wednesday morning.”
The headquarters is at 65 Main St. and will open today from 4 to 5 p.m.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump