The newly redrawn district of Windsor-1 will send two Democratic incumbents back to Montpelier.
Reps. Donna Sweaney of Windsor and John Bartholomew of Hartland were elected to two-year terms in the House of Representatives. The two were in a three-way election with Republican challenger Ryan Palmer of Windsor.
Sweaney received 2,402 votes, Bartholomew received 2,384 votes and Palmer received 1,448 votes.
Every 10 years, the Legislature redraws the electoral map according to the state‚Äôs census. Sweaney previously represented Windsor-3, which included the town of Windsor. Bartholomew previously represented Windsor-4, which included the towns of Hartland and West Windsor.
The new district represents Windsor, West Windsor and Hartland.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael‚Äôs student arrested in connection with bridge jump