BURLINGTON — A University of Vermont student has been charged with starting a fire in a dormitory hallway over the weekend.
UVM police said 20-year-old Stanislas Stantchev was arrested Saturday.
Police and firefighters responded to a fire alarm in Wills Hall around 6:20 a.m. Friday. Police say about 120 students and staff had to be evacuated. Firefighters quickly put out the fire.
Stantchev was jailed at Chittenden Regional Correctional Facility in South Burlington.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump