CHESTER — Vermont State Police are targeting drunk and aggressive drivers this upcoming Labor Day weekend.
State police along with local and county law enforcement agencies are beefing up patrols and setting up DUI checkpoints in Windham and Windsor Counties from Aug. 31 through Sept. 3.
Vermont has experienced more than 50 deaths on the roads so far this year. State police say that’s about double the number from this time last year.
They say the goal of the stepped-up enforcement during the holiday weekend is to reduce crashes.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump