¬†MIDDLEBURY, Vt. (AP) Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin, former Gov. Jim Douglas and other top officials are expected to attend a service for Addison County Sheriff James Coons, who was the state‚Äôs longest-serving sheriff when he died earlier this month. The 59-year-old Coons of Middlebury was a former president of the Vermont Police Association and the Vermont Sheriffs Association. He died April 16. Coons became sheriff in 1983. The service is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. at Mead Memorial Chapel at Middlebury College.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael‚Äôs student arrested in connection with bridge jump