MANCHESTER — Former U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold will present his political memoir, “While America Sleeps” at 2 p.m. on Sunday at the Northshire Bookstore.
The book includes Feingold’s criticism of the Obama administration’s overconfidence in how degraded the threat from al-Qaeda has become; his lonely but inspiring account of being the only senator to vote against the Patriot Act; and a frank assessment and critique of foreign policy and the protection of civil liberties under President Barack Obama.
Feingold represented Wisconsin in the U.S. Senate from 1993 to 2011.
In February 2011, Feingold founded Progressives United, an organization devoted to challenging the dominance of corporate money over American democracy.
The event is free and open to the public and Feingold will be signing copies of the book after his presentation.
For more information on this and other events, call 362-2200 or (800) 437-3700 or visit the Northshire Bookstore at www.northshire.com.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump