ST. JOHNSBURY — The Vermont prep school teacher lured from her home and killed will be remembered by students, co-workers, friends and family at St. Johnsbury Academy where she was a science teacher.
A memorial service for 33-year-old Melissa Jenkins will be held at 4 p.m. today in the school gymnasium.
On Thursday, the school sold pink ribbons to raise money for Jenkins’ 2-year-old son Ty who was present when his mother was killed Sunday night.
Police say two Waterford residents, 30-year-old Allen Prue and his 33-year-old wife Patricia Prue, lured Jenkins from her home by claiming their car had broken down. They have pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder charges.
Jenkins was strangled. Her body was found in the Connecticut River on Monday.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump