BURLINGTON — Vermont’s independent U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders is calling on distributors of gasoline in northwestern Vermont to stop charging customers higher prices than are being charged in other parts of the state.
Sanders says he’s planning to call the top executives of the three largest gasoline distributors in the region this week to make the request.
Sanders says there’s no reason customers in northwestern Vermont should be paying about 25 cents a gallon more than are customers in other parts of the state.
Distributor R.L. Vallee of St. Albans tells the Burlington Free Press (http://bfpne.ws/Urzihv ) Sanders is forgetting that Vermont has strict environmental laws.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump