Rutland Northeast, the school union in Brandon, is the only district or union in our coverage area that is open today until about 3 p.m., when afterschool programs will be canceled.
At Barstow Memorial School in Chittenden, politics hasn’t taken a break.
Senator Bernie Sanders has canceled his afterschool trip to the school to attend the student-led Voter’s Fair, but students will be joined by local representatives from 1 to 2:30 p.m. to have a registration drive.
The school is also ready to become a temporary shelter to house and feed people if the storm displaces locals.
Schools in Rutland, Rutland South in North Clarendon, Rutland Southwest in Poultney and Rutland Central in Rutland Town are all closed for the day.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump