BRATTLEBORO — Grammy-winner Rosanne Cash is known by many as the eldest daughter of legendary country singer Johnny Cash. And like her dad, Cash crosses musical genres that include country, blues, folk, pop and rock.
Kingdom County Productions will present Rosanne Cash live in concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 8, at the Latchis Theatre.
Cash’s most recent album, “The List” became a best seller – and it was based on the list given to her by her dad when she was 18 and preparing to go on the road with him for a concert tour. “The List” consisted of the 100 greatest country and American songs of all time that Johnny Cash asked Rosanne to learn for the road.
“One day, we were sitting in the tour bus, talking about songs, and he mentioned a song, and I said, ‘I don’t know that one,’” Rosanne Cash wrote. “He mentioned another one, and I said, ‘I don’t know that one, either.’ Then he started to get alarmed, so he spent the rest of the day making a list on a legal pad, and at the top he put ‘100 Essential Country Songs.’ And he handed it to me and he said, ‘This is your education.’”
Reserved seat tickets are now on sale at www.KingomCounty.com or by calling 748-2600.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump