WINDHAM — Officials in the Vermont town of Windham want to stop a commercial wind power project, saying their town plan and zoning regulations forbid it.
A subsidiary of Iberdrola Renewables wants to place two test towers in Windham and one in Grafton on land owned by New Hampshire-based Meadowsend Timberlands Limited.
The Brattleboro Reformer reports Windham officials sent a letter to the state. It says the project is inconsistent with the views of its planning commission, selectboard and residents.
Jenny Briot, a senior business developer with Iberdrola, said the company will respond formally within permitting proceedings. She said Iberdrola respects the town plan. She added that town officials and residents have been invited to tour the company’s 12-turbine Lempster wind project in New Hampshire.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump