ST. JOHNSBURY — A judge has denied a request by a woman charged with killing a popular Vermont prep school teacher to have her trial moved.
Allen Prue and his wife, Patricia, are accused of strangling and beating Melissa Jenkins after luring her out of her home with a ruse about a broken-down car in March.
Allen Prue is charged with first-degree murder. Patricia Prue is charged with aggravated murder, accused of killing Jenkins during a sexual assault or attempted sexual assault. Both have pleaded not guilty. They face separate trials.
Patricia Prue’s lawyer had asked that her trial be moved out of Caledonia County, saying she won’t get a fair trial because of widespread media coverage of the case. The Burlington Free Press reports (http://bfpne.ws/PTQifP) a judge denied the request.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump