BERLIN — The Republican nominee for governor of Vermont says he disagrees with presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s remarks about 47 percent of Americans being dependent on government.
But Vermont state Sen. Randy Brock says the comments that Romney made at a Florida fundraiser in May, made public on Monday, won’t affect his support for the presidential candidate.
Brock says he agrees with 80 to 85 percent of Romney’s positions on issues, and says that’s good enough to warrant supporting a candidate.
He was reacting to release of a secretly recorded video in which Romney said nearly half of Americans believe they are victims and entitled to a range of government support.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump