St. JOHNSBURY — A Vermont couple accused of luring a popular St. Johnsbury teacher from her home, killing her and dumping her body in the Connecticut River in March are facing upgraded murder charges in the death of Melissa Jenkins.
Allen and Patricia Prue of Waterford are expected to be arraigned on Tuesday.
Allen Prue is charged with first-degree murder; Patricia Prue is now charged with aggravated murder, accusing her of murder while perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate a sexual assault.
A police affidavit say the Prues planned in advance to kill the 33-year-old single mother, buying a stun gun and prepaid cellphone before the crime, and then strangled, beat and electrocuted her.
The Prues previously pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder charges.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump