ST. JOHNSBURY — A Vermont man charged with killing a prep school teacher and dumping her body in the Connecticut River is expected in court for a status conference.
Allen Prue and his wife, Patricia Prue, are accused of strangling and beating 33-year-old Melissa Jenkins after luring her out of her house with a ruse about a broken down car in March.
Police say the Waterford couple planned the crime.
A status conference is scheduled for Friday at 9 a.m. in St. Johnsbury for 30-year-old Allen Prue, who is charged with first-degree murder. Patricia Prue’s next scheduled court date is Nov. 9. The 33-year-old is charged with aggravated murder.
Both have pleaded not guilty.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump