STARKSBORO — A local man who police say accidentally shot himself on Saturday remained in the hospital in fair condition on Monday.
Vermont State Police say they were called to 2769 Big Hollow Road just after 3 p.m. Saturday for a report of a gunshot wound to 29-year-old David Harding.
Police said further investigation revealed that Harding shot himself in the foot accidentally with a shotgun while he was reloading during target practice.
Bristol Rescue treated Harding at the scene and took him by ambulance to Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington where he remained hospitalized on Monday.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump