BURLINGTON — The head of the Peace Corps is planning a visit to Vermont this week.
Aaron Williams is to join Sen. Patrick Leahy for an event Thursday at the University of Vermont highlighting the contributions of Peace Corps volunteers from Vermont.
One of those attending will be UVM doctoral student Charles Kerchner of Burlington, who served as a Peace Corps volunteer in the Dominican Republic from 2001-2003.
Kerchner imports organic cacao from the Dominican Republic to make his own brand of chocolates. The business partnership helps the cacao farmers to improve earnings while conserving land in the rainforest canopy to protect migratory songbirds.
John William Meyer of Shelburne, a 2010 Middlebury College graduate who recently completed his Peace Corps service in Peru, will also attend.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump