A camera lost in a creek in New York’s Adirondacks for three years is being returned thanks to clever detective work by a Vermont man who studied pictures on its memory card.
John Noerr of Poultney found the camera in July. The Post-Star of Glens Falls reported that the camera’s memory card had 581 photos Noerr was able to study.
Many of the photos looked like they were taken in New York City. One showed a woman sitting in front of a house numbered 327. Another showed a street sign reading 3rd Street.
Noerr used Google to find the Brooklyn neighborhood, tax records to find the building’s owner and social media to contact the family.
The camera’s owner, Michael Comeau, says he can’t wait to get it back.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump