NORWICH — Officials at Vermont’s Norwich University say they’ve exceeded their goal for a fundraising campaign they called “Bearing the Torch.”
The three-year campaign by the Northfield university that lasted through the end of 2012 raised about $24 million, exceeding its original goal of $20.2 million.
It was the fifth Norwich fundraising campaign in a row that exceeded its goal since 1984 when the school launched “Norwich 2000.”
The campaign largely supports a scholarship endowment.
Funds raised also support campus infrastructure, including the building of the Shaw Outdoor Center and the renovation of Sabine Field.
Norwich describes itself as the nation’s oldest private military college, but it also has civilian students.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump