BURKE — The new owner of Vermont’s Burke Mountain Resort is going to increase snow-making capacity by 50 percent to help the resort during winters when there is little snow.
The plan is to get up to 100 new snowmaking guns and a new compressor that will allow technicians to make more snow both early in the winter season and late.
Burke General Manager Tim McGuire tells the Caledonian Record it’s a significant upgrade for the resort’s snowmaking system.
Jay Peak President Bill Stenger, who bought Burke in May along with a business partner, says the snowmaking system improvements will be the initial focus of the new owners.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump