BENNINGTON — A new indoor facility for soccer and other sports is expected to open next month.
It will be called the Bennington Sports Center.
Former Major League Soccer player Bo Vuckovic said the center will provide a place for local leagues, as well as a training facility and camp space for local youths. There could also be opportunities for people interested in other sports to use the turf. Vuckovic bought the building, formerly the Catamount Elementary School, last year.
The Bennington Banner reports Vuckovic, who is also the owner and general manager of the Vermont Voltage minor league team, said new soccer leagues could begin as early as Nov. 1. He said the former gymnasium will have a grass-like turf surface laid down next week.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump