BURLINGTON — The spokesman for the Vermont National Guard has retired, ending a 33-year career with the Guard.
Lt. Col. Lloyd Goodrow of Essex Junction has worked much of his career in public affairs with the Guard, typing his first news release in 1987.
The 58-year-old Goodrow has spoken on behalf of soldiers who deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan and returned home to help rebuild Vermont following Tropical Storm Irene.
He told the Burlington Free Press the hardest thing was dealing the deaths of soldiers.
Capt. Chris Gookin is succeeding Goodrow.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump