BURLINGTON — An American Mennonite missionary living in Nicaragua is expected to testify in the trial of a Virginia pastor who’s charged with helping a woman flee the United States with her daughter rather than share custody of the girl with the mother’s former lesbian partner in Vermont.
The trial of 46-year-old Kenneth Miller of Stuarts Draft, Va., enters its third day on Thursday.
Miller is accused of helping Lisa Miller and her daughter flee the United States and live with Mennonites in Nicaragua to avoid a court order sharing custody of the child with her former partner Janet Jenkins of Fair Haven.
The two women entered a civil union in Vermont then broke up and got into a long custody battle for the girl.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump