HUNTINGTON — There’s a happy ending for four University of Vermont students reported missing on Camels Hump.
The students were reported missing Sunday afternoon, a day after they had headed to the mountain for an overnight hike.
Students Sophie Earll, Blake Winkler, Ryan Duffy and Shawn Wasson, all of Burlington, were supposed to meet Saturday with several other UVM students who had hiked to Montclair Glen Lodge earlier that day.
The group was reported missing Sunday by members of the group they were supposed to meet.
As state police and members of Waterbury Backcountry Rescue were preparing late Sunday afternoon to launch a search, the four walked off the mountain.
There were no injuries.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump