MANCHESTER — Middlebury College professor, author and environmental activist Bill McKibben will give a talk, “Notes from the Frontline of the Climate Fight,” at the Maple Street School in Manchester on March 24, an event hosted by the Green Mountain Academy for Lifelong Learning and Transition Town Manchester.
McKibben is the author of a dozen books about the environment, beginning with “The End of Nature” in 1989, which is regarded as the first book for a general audience on climate change. He is a founder of the grass-roots climate campaign 350.org, which has coordinated 15,000 rallies in about 190 countries since 2009.
Admission to this event, which will begin at 5 p.m., is $10 for adults and $5 for students with half of the proceeds being donated to 350.org. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.greenmtnacademy.org or call Renee Bornstein at 362-1199.
Tickets are also available at The Northshire Bookstore.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump