A Massachusetts man has been charged with domestic assault and cruelty to children after an incident on I-91 in Wheelock Saturday evening. Police said that Joseph A. Hanechak, 70, of Westfield, Mass., was riding in the car with his family on the way from Canada to Massachusetts. Hanechak and the driver were in a dispute, police said: he wanted to pull and find a place to stay over for the night, while the driver wanted to continue on. Finally Hanechak grabbed the keys, turned the car off and pulled the keys from the ignition while the car was moving, and once the car was stopped he tried to pull the driver from the driver’s seat. Police found the occupants of the vehicle - one of them a 5-year-old - outside the car in the breakdown lane. Hanechak was lodged at the Northeast Regional Correctional Facility in St. Johnsbury.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump