STARKSBORO — Vermont game wardens have charged a Starksboro man with killing a moose out of season.
Shaun E. Rublee, 25, is accused of shooting animal, which was found dead on Guthrie Road in Lincoln on Oct. 5.
Vermont’s firearms moose hunting season runs from Oct. 20 to 25.
Game wardens said they searched Rublee’s home and seized eight bags of moose meat, moose antlers, tools used to butcher a moose carcass, a rifle and several rounds of ammunition.
Rublee faces fines and restitution of up to $2,500 and 60 days in jail or both.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump