BURLINGTON — Federal prosecutors are outlining the process a woman used as she prepared to flee the United States with her daughter to avoid sharing custody of the child to her former lesbian partner in Vermont.
The case continued Thursday in the trial of a Virginia pastor who’s charged with helping Lisa Miller and her 7-year-old daughter flee.
Lisa Miller’s father, Terry Miller, testified he made a series of phone calls to her in the days before she left and to telephones registered to a Virginia company called Response Unlimited.
Terry Miller said he was trying to let someone at one of the Response Unlimited phones know where she was waiting at a Wal-Mart in the Lynchburg, Va., area.
The trial of Kenneth Miller of Stuarts Draft, Va., entered its third day.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump