ST. ALBANS — The Vermont Department of Public Safety says an inmate who didn’t want to return to his cell threw a computer keyboard and other items at a corrections officer, hitting him.
Twenty-year-old Timothy Barrett, an inmate at the Northwest State Correction Facility in St. Albans, has been charged with assault and unlawful mischief offenses in connection with the March 7 incident.
Police said he threw items at corrections officers, including a sock filled with soap and a computer keyboard, which struck 60-year-old James Honsinger. The corrections officer was not seriously injured.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump