BURLINGTON — Four years after a Vermont man was charged with abducting, sexually assaulting and killing his 12-year-old niece, lawyers are expected to gather in court for an update on his case.
The Burlington Free Press reports a “scheduling conference” regarding Michael Jacques is on Friday’s calendar in U.S. District Court in Burlington.
Jacques awaits trial. He’s been in federal custody since Brooke Bennett went missing in 2008. Her body was found a mile from his home.
Friday marks four years since the 46-year-old Jacques was arrested. He’s pleaded not guilty.
Lawyers are waiting for a ruling from a judicial panel in New York on whether past allegations of sexual misconduct can be mentioned.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump