BARNARD — A community group in Barnard is raising money to buy a Vermont general store that closed in in May after being open for 180 years.
The Barnard Community Trust wants the Barnard General Store to reopen.
Officials with the trust say they need $500,000 to buy the property, but it will take more than that to meet licensing and other costs before the store can reopen.
The group is offering a three-hour coffee service at the store allowing people to hear about their fundraising efforts and to offer an opportunity for people to catch up.
WPTZ-TV says that so far the group has raised $20,000.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump