EAST DOVER — About 400 customers of FairPoint Communications in the Vermont community of East Dover now have access to high-speed Internet.
FairPoint says it worked with town officials to expand high-speed access to the rural, east side of the southeastern Vermont mountain town.
The company says it now provides high-speed broadband Internet access to nearly 90 percent of its Vermont customers.
FairPoint’s Vermont President Mike Smith says the town’s support for the project “is a shot in the arm for economic development in the area.”
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump