SOUTH BURLINGTON — Vermont’s governor and congressional delegation will be among those on hand for the grand opening of a new health co-op to offer health coverage in keeping with the 2010 federal health care law.
Formation of the Vermont Health CO-OP — short for consumer-operated and oriented plan — was announced in June.
The federal law called for the creation of new cooperative or nonprofit health insurance carriers in each state to compete with commercial carriers. It also set up a loan program to get those businesses off the ground.
The grand opening set for Tuesday at 10:30 at 120 Kimbell Avenue in South Burlington is Vermont’s answer to that provision in the federal law.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump