BURLINGTON — A Hinesburg man released to a drug rehabilitation program after being charged with operating a methamphetamine lab is back behind bars after being kicked out of the rehab program.
Citing court records, The Burlington Free Press (http://bfpne.ws/TFjVUU ) reports that 19-year-old Jacob Berino was arrested after being dismissed from the Valley Vista rehab center in Bradford last week for non-participation.
A federal magistrate has ruled Berino should be held until his criminal case is resolved, but said he would reconsider if an intensive treatment program is found.
Officials say Berino has been charged with eight crimes since July, most of them tied to what his mother calls a “horrible drug problem.”
Berino was seriously burned in October during an explosion at what authorities called a secret drug lab.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump