MONTPELIER — The Vermont Telecommunications Authority has announced a $378,200 grant award to Topsham Communications to deploy fiber optic cable and bring broadband Internet access to parts of Topsham and Bradford.
Officials say that by the end of next year, newly added customers will have access to the Internet at twice the speed the grant program required.
Karen Marshall, chief of Connect VT, says the announcement is the first of several similar grant awards to be made in the coming months.
She says it’s part of the overall effort to get broadband Internet access to rural parts of the state.
- RobinAHersey on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- BTresident on State Police still searching for missing teenager
- lorac odraned on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on House looks to spend soda tax money on health care
- Curtman40 on St. Michael’s student arrested in connection with bridge jump